Pumpkin Pasta Sauce

NOTE: I had a very large pumpkin. 1/2 of the pumpkin got me about 8 cups of roasted pumpkin.


  • Roast the whole pumpkin half with only about 1/4 cup of water in the center for about 2 hours on 250 degrees.
  • scrape soft flesh away from the pumpkin skin
  • puree the pumpkin until smooth (do in small batches)
  • pour into a very large mixing bowl or pot
  • add 2 cups milk or cream
  • 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
  • 2 tsp Italian seasoning
  • 1 tsp minced garlic
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • 3/4 tsp nutmeg
  • 4 tbsp. butter (I omitted)
  • salt to taste (I never add salt)
Once mixed I cooked on low in a crock pot for 3 hours.

Serve on pasta, ravioli or tortellini with fresh bread and a salad.

"Bon Appetit!"




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beer Batter for Fondue

Leftover Scalloped Potato Soup

Legal Lasagna