leftover squash soup


We cooked 3 kinds of squash for Thanksgiving dinner.
Leftovers.

soup.jpg


1 butternut squash with butter and brown sugar
1 pepper squash with butter and marshmallows
1 blue squash with butter, cinnamon and apple cubes

I pureed all my leftover squash, in batches, which had been cooked with enough liquid to puree well ** I used 1 cup milk and 2 cups of water.

From scratch you need to roast 1/2 a butternut squash, 1/2 a pepper squash, 1/2 a blue squash and 4 apples (cored) with butter and brown sugar.

I tossed it all in the crock pot on low.

I peeled and cubed (very small cubes) 4 potatoes
and threw them in to cook. ** but you could use leftover cooked potato cubes.

I added 18 meatballs which I had cut in half.

Stir well and add 1/2 tsp nutmeg and 1/2 tsp ginger. (or 1 tsp all spice)

As this is a VERY thick soup, I suggest adding water, milk or cream as desired to keep it the consistency you would like to serve.


"Bon Appetit!"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beer Batter for Fondue

Leftover Scalloped Potato Soup

Legal Lasagna