Spiced Apricot Pork Roaster





I had a roast.

I am in the mood to cook.

I am ready to try new recipes in 2015.









1 pork roast (mine was still partly frozen)

*) Place roast in a deep large casserole dish (I use my pampered chef lasagna dish) 
or small roasting pan

1-2 cups  rhutabaga cubed (turnip)
*** I always cube my turnip small to ensure it cooks right through!
1-2 cups  carrots (diced, cubed, mini, shredded or chopped)
2-3 cups  potato (diced, cubed or sliced)
1 onion (pureed, diced, or sliced)

*) place this mix of veggies around the roast in the casserole dish. 
(Corn, parsnips, frozen peas and celeriac could be added if your family likes them)

2 tbsp of onion/garlic flakes

*) sprinkle these flakes on the veggies. 

2 cups of broth (chicken, beef or vegetable)

*) pour over veggies

1/4 jar of apricot jam or orange marmalade
1/2 cup of pepper diced (we used yellow but any kind of pepper will work - spicy, red, green)
1 cup warm water
2 tbsp black pepper

*) In a mixing bowl, add these four ingredients and stir well and pour over just the meat.

*) now cover the casserole dish with its lid or with tinfoil.

*) bake at 300 for 3-4 hours.

"BON APPETIT!"

This was fantastic. 
ALTHOUGH, the meat did not get much of the flavour. 
I would do this as JUST a veggie casserole!!!!! 
The flavours went right through the veggie mix and the carrots were sweeter, the potato received the most citrus flavour, and the turnip took on a peppery flavour. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beer Batter for Fondue

Leftover Scalloped Potato Soup

Legal Lasagna