Turkey and hidden sausage soup

Judy dislikes sausage. 
BUT! it is cheap and easy to use in recipes and adds tons of flavour. 
I have begun finding places to "hide it" without ruining the recipe. 
This one called for both turkey AND sausage!

So this is what I used. Vary as I think this recipe leaves TONS of room for personalization.

1 sandwich bag of leftover turkey
(approx 2-3 cooked and diced chicken thighs - they said a turkey drumstick!)
3 sausages diced to tiny tiny bits (or removed from casing and fried like hamburger)
1 container of soup boullion (I had some homemade in the freezer)
1 package of green onions diced
5 stalks of celery
1/2 green pepper diced small
1/2 bag of mini carrots shredded
1 can of cream corn (I use creamed corn ONLY to thicken the soup)
5-6 potatoes diced
2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp Parmesan Garlic (Pampered Chef)Seasoning
**parmesan, garlic powder

Cook on high for 4-5 hours and then reduce heat to medium. I then added:

1 cup of frozen peas
2 cups of chopped up brocolli

Cooked for another 2-3 hours with no lid if it is a very "soupy" look as I prefer a chowder.
With a lid if it is already very thick.

Add more liquid to taste if necessary.

"Bon Appetit!"

Comments

  1. I do not like soup. If I ask for it, its because I have a cold. I would eat this anytime. Judy said it was ok and John had 2 helpings but I think this was a recipe I favored this time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beer Batter for Fondue

Leftover Scalloped Potato Soup

Legal Lasagna